A Lesson from Novel's Quotation. Today, We are going to discuss a little about another important from the novel, 'Unanswered Cries'. This is the quotation no. 2 in this novel to be discussed here.
Olabisi says, "He said if I gave him enough money to buy two goats instead of one, he would show me the way out of the forest instead of taking me back to my mother"
Also, Check out my Literature in English Blog.
This quotation shows how Olabisi struggles to find the way our of the forest. Pa Amadu, the hunter is pleased after being paid some money by Olabisi. Olabisi shows how she is ready to give everything, everything she has withe her in order to escape from female circumcision. The actions taken by Olabisi reminds us that female circumcision is a very bad thing that should be avoided by any means.
Pa Amadu seems to have a change of mind. It seems as if he has revolutionary heart, but on the other hand he is selfish because he wants to be paid first so that he can help in return.
This quotation has in many ways helped to increase how this bad tradition is bad and should be abolished.
If you have any different idea from this one, you can always drop us a comment after reading this one.
Check out how to Study & Teach other Form Three Sub Topics in this Blog!
- Listening for specific information
- Listening for general information
- Participating in debates, dialogues, interviews, impromptu speeches and discussions Part 1
- Participating in debates, dialogues, interviews, impromptu speeches and discussions Part 2
- Participating in debates, dialogues, interviews, impromptu speeches and discussions Part 3 l
- Reading intensively for comprehension
- Reading extensively
- Identifying and analysing setting, main plot, and characters Identifying themes
- Identifying main features of different genres Part 1
- Identifying main features of different genres Part 2
- Identifying main features of different genres Part 3
- Writing narrative compositions/essays (not less than 200 words) Part 1
- Writing narrative compositions/essays (not less than 200 words) Part 2
- Writing expository compositions/essays (not less than 200 words)
- Writing descriptive compositions/essays (not less than 200 words)
- Writing argumentative compositions/essays (not less than 200 words)
- Creative writing
- Creative Writing (Six stages of teaching how to write poems)
- Writing letters to the editor
- Writing business transaction letters
- Build your Essay Paragraph with these 4 Easy Components!
- DOWNLOAD LITERATURE ESSAY FORMAT for Form Three & Four
- 3 IMPORTANT THINGS FOR A GOOD ESSAY - Form Three & Four
- REQUIREMENTS & COMMON MISTAKES ON ESSAY WRITING in Form Three & Four
- Download Sample Essay Formats for Form Three & Four - With Three Important Parts of an Essay
- DOWNLOAD 'Passed Like a Shadow' for FREE!
- DOWNLOAD A FULL ANALYSIS OF 'UNANSWERED CRIES' HERE!
- TEACHING STUDENTS 'INFERENCE MAKING SKILLS' FOR THEIR BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE TEXTS
- ROAD TO BETTER ANALYSIS OF LITERARY WORKS
Also check out:
Form I Sub topics, at FORM I SYLLABUS TOPICS REVIEW
Form II Sub topics, at FORM II SYLLABUS TOPICS REVIEW
Form IV Sub topics, at FORM IV SYLLABUS TOPICS REVIEW
For more on Literature Topics, check out Literature in English Blog
For Form IV NECTA Examination Sections, check out ELABORATED CSEE NECTA EXAMINATION SECTIONS