As an English Language Teacher, you may be wondering how you can start teaching Literature in English in Form Three. But here are the tested and proved ways to make this happen. You can tirelessly start teaching without worrying about how and where you can get textbooks for the particular subject. Remember: a teacher is not an island.
Thus, you can start teaching Literature in English by using these 30 ways to fully impart the whole knowledge of An Introduction to Literature (Theory of Literature ) before starting analysing specific Literature in English textbooks. You'll also get full list of the texts to be included in the particular subject. In this list, the teacher will also get the analysis of each examination section as well as the whole Literature in English Examination format.
30 PROVED WAYS TO TEACH THEORY OF LITERATURE: An Introduction to Literature in English Language and Literature in English.
The following are the 30 ways to make you a full-fledged English Language and Literature in English teacher. Enjoy a comfortable teaching!
- Getting Started with Literature in English 1. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/01/getting-started-with-literature-in.html
- Getting Started with Literature in English 2. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/01/getting-started-with-literature-in_17.html
- START TEACHING LITERATURE IN ENGLISH TODAY! http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/01/start-teaching-literature-in-english.html
- Get to know two important concepts of Literature in English. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/01/get-to-know-two-important-concepts-of.html
- LITERATURE IN ENGLISH EXAMINATION FORMAT. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/01/literature-in-english-examination-format.html
- AN INTRODUCTION TO THE BASIC CONCEPTS. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/02/an-introduction-to-basic-concepts.html
- How to Teach Definitions of Literature for Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/02/an-introduction-to-basic-concepts.html
- How to Teach Origin and Development of Literature in Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/02/how-to-teach-origin-and-development-of.html
- How to Teach Importance of Language in Literature in Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/02/how-to-teach-importance-of-language-in.html
- How to Teach Functions of Literature in Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/notes-and-guides-on-teaching-functions.html
- How to Teach the Concept of Fiction and Nonfiction in Literature for Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-guide-and-notes-on-teaching-concept.html
- Teaching Forms of Oral Literature. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/forms-of-oral-literature.html
- Teaching Forms of Written Literature. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/written-literature.html
- How to Teach An Introduction to the Study of Novel in Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/teaching-novel.html
- How to Teach An Introduction to the Study of Drama/Play in Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-better-way-to-start-studying-of.html
- How to Teach An Introduction to the Study of Poetry in Form Three. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/the-best-way-to-understand-introduction.html
- Getting Started with Form and Content. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/form-and-content-explained.html
- Teaching Elements of any literary work. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/03/elements-of-any-literary-work.html
- Teaching Elements of Form: Plot, Plot Structure, Setting and Characterisation. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/04/understanding-elements-of-form-plot.html
- Teaching Elements of Form: Narrative Techniques, Points of Views and Style. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/04/understanding-elements-of-form.html
- Teaching Elements of Form: Diction(Language), Figurative Language and Figures of Speech. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/04/understanding-form-diction-language.html
- Teaching Elements of Contents. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/04/better-way-of-understanding-elements-of.html
- 23.Teaching Reading Skills for Literary Works. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/04/three-reading-stages-literary-work.html
- How to Read a Novel and Short Story. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/05/how-to-read-novel-prose.html
- How to Read a Play. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/05/how-to-read-play.html
- How to Read a Poem. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/05/how-to-read-poem.html
- How to Analyse a Novel and Short Story. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/05/how-to-analyze-novel-and-short-stories.html
- How to Analyse a Play. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/05/how-to-analyse-play-in-form-three-four.html
- How to Analyse a Poem. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/09/how-to-analyse-poem-in-form-three-four.html
- Guidelines on How to Analyse Novels, Plays and Short Stories. http://literatureinenglishtz.blogspot.com/2017/10/guidelines-for-appreciating-novels.html
Generally speaking, Teaching English Language is one thing, but teaching Literature in English is quite another thing. These are two different subjects as you can see TOPICS & DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE IN ENGLISH . Although we do some reading activities in English Language, we still need more extensive coverage of variety of readings in Literature in English. There are a variety of readings increase students' reading and literary criticism habits.
For instance, if students read two plays in English Language and two more plays from Literature in English, they in fact get two more extra rewards: First, they increase their vocabulary stores of English Language and Secondly, they learn various lessons from more texts they have read. Think of the novel 'Passed Like a Shadow' that is studied in English Language and 'Houseboy' , a novel studied in Literature in English. Apart from increasing vocabulary stores in both novels, students will also learn various lessons like 'HIV/AIDS' in the first novel and 'Racial Segregation' in the second novel.
Thus, covering these 30 Ways of Teaching Theory of Literature, teaching English Language, and Literature in English are the three fundamental steps for any Secondary School student because they do not only pave the way for increase of vocabulary stores, but they also enable students to learn various lessons and increase reading and understanding skills to other subjects.
Enjoy Comfortable teaching!
Also check out how to study and teach:
For more on how to study & teach English Language topics, visit the following class links:
For 'O' Level's CSE Examination Sections, visit the following section links:
For more on Literature Topics, check out Literature in English Blog
For how to be professional keeper of your Diary in both Kiswahili and English, check out Shajara Yangu Blog
For Form IV NECTA Examination Sections, check out Elaborated CSEE NECTA Examination Sections
This post have 4 Comments
The materials are very useful they are very clear. Congrats for a good work.Reply
They are very helpfulReply
Thanks a lot!Reply
Thanks a lot!Reply
Please share your thoughts