This is the kind of past tense sentence that describes an occurrence that once occurred continuously or repeatedly, but now they are no longer happening.
A. Positive sentences:
- I used to wash my clothes
- She used to cook delicious ugali
- They used to play fantastic football
- They used to agree with us.
B. Negative sentences:
- She didn’t use to cook delicious food.
- They didn’t use to play fantastic football.
C. Interrogative sentences:
- Did she use to cook delicious food?
- Did they use to play fantastic football?
Don’t say: They used to disagree with us.
Say: They didn't use to agree with us.
Don’t say: Used they to agree with us?.
Say: Did they use to agree with us?.
For copies of these books,
+255622 009 566/+255765 884 936
+255765 884 936