You can learn English language vocabulary consistently throughout the year. At the end of the year, you can have a large number of vocabulary which can make you speak and write good and meaningful English.
REMEMBER: You have to learn these vocabulary regularly. Don't jump to another month or letter until you are there. Other months and letters will come around, and you will learn the vocabulary for a particular month or letter.
To understand this list of January Vocabulary, use the dictionary (preferably English - English Dictionary) or a thesaurus to find the meaning, synonyms and antonyms for each vocabulary. Also, try to practice how to apply them in your own daily spoken or written sentences.
We have compiled the vocabulary words in this way because letters 'J', 'K', and 'L' are adjacent to each other in the English alphabet, and we encourage you to learn them together in January. Grab your good dictionary (preferably English - English Dictionary), Thesaurus, or Google each of these vocabularies and enjoy their meanings and uses.
VOCABULARY FOR LETTER 'J': PART ONE:
- Jacket = (n) Coat
- Jail = (n) penitentiary, prison
- January = (n) Jan, 1st month of the Calendar
- Japan = (n) Nippon
- Japanese = (adj) Nipponese
- Jar = (n) container, flask, bottle
- Jaw = (n) Jowl, cheek, mandible
- Jeans = (n) pants, trousers, dungarees
- Jehovah = (n) God, Creator
- Jelly = (n) Cream, ointment
- Jersey = (n) knitted garment, sweater
- Jesus = (n) Messiah, Lord, Savior
- Jet = (n) Airplane, plane
- Jew = (n) Hebrew, Israelite
- Job = (n) Task, career, work
- Join = (v) Unite, tie, combine
- Joint = (adj) Joined, shared, combined
- Joke = (n) Fun, humor, trick, parody
- Joker = (n) Trickster, wag, jokester, jester, comedian
- Journey = (n) Trip, travel, visit
- Joy = (n) Happiness, pleasure, comfort, delight
- Judas = (n) Traitor, deserter, defector, rat
- Judge = (n) Referee, magistrate, umpire
- Jug = (n) Container, flask, jar
- Juice = (n) Drink, liquor
- July = (n) 7th Month according of the Calendar.
- Jump = (v) leap, rise, jump
- Jumper = (n) Athlete, acrobat
- Junction = (n) Connection, juncture, joint = (n) Collective, cooperative, joined, United
- June = 6th month according of Calendar
- Jungle = (n) Forest, wood, wasteland
- Junior = (n) Minor, Subordinate, younger, lower, second, inferior.
- Jupiter = Jove
- Just = (adv) but, merely, only, simply
- Justice = (n) lawfulness, fairness
We encourage you to stay with us in the series of these vocabulary words. We strongly hope that if you stay with us for the whole year, you will be able to have a large storage of English words at the end of the year. Having enough vocabulary words will help you express yourself precisely in both spoken and written English.
This post have 0 Comments
Please share your thoughts