Various meanings and uses of the word 'Pose':
(i) Pose means a body posture, for example the body posture purposely for taking a picture.
- Let's pose for a family picture.
- She posed for a picture.
(ii) To ask a question.
- He posed a difficult question.
- She always poses difficult questions.
(iii) To pretend.
- She posed as Wema Sepetu.
- Amos posed as Ali Kiba.
Pause means stop doing something temporarily before continuing.
- The speaker paused before continuing.
- We'll have a pause for breakfast.