The world is changing. We should be changing as well so as to match its speed. However, these changes should be positive, or the ones that bring about fundamental changes in our daily lifestyles.
The writer, Timo Kiander, has given us some ways we can change and keep up with the speech of this changing world.
The following are the 30 ways that can help any modern man WORK SMART, NOT HARDER and bring more changes to himself/herself and society in general:
- Be a Growth Mindset Oriented Person.
- Have enough sleep. Be adjusted to sleeping rhythm and work rhythm.
- Avoid distractions. Control distractions.
- Create and maintain proper work rhythm.
- Plan your day every day.
- Drink more water.
- Identify your important tasks.
- Ask questions about your next meetings.
- Plan the time for checking emails, making calls, and interacting with Social Media.
- Have a Timer.
- Delegate others.
- Take breaks.
- Do the most challenging tasks, and the whole day will be good for you.
- Create plans/checklists.
- Clean your desk after work, during the weekends or when you are on holiday
- Plan what to do on holiday and plan things to do when you get back to work.
- Notify people that you are on vacation, but inform them when you get back.
- Set auto-reply email message, but turn it off after vacation.
- Focus on one thing at a time.
- Split tasks into manageable bits.
- Control the busy work.
- Learn to say ‘No’, and proceed with agreed priorities.
- Be pessimistic with your time.
- Know your tools (and your keyboard too).
- Learn proper programs/skills for your work.
- Learn Computer Keyboard Typing skills.
- Log-in faster. Remember your passwords quickly.
- Access websites faster, and bookmark your frequently used websites.
- Reschedule the time you spend with the computer (or Social Media) so that you spend time meaningfully. Make a Computer a reward)
Make your life more productive by reading a book or more books every year by checking the books I have been reading for some time. They are not so special or so important, but I am always happy with some experiences I have got from them.
7 Books I read in 2021
19 Books I read in 2020
6 Books I read in 2019
4 Books I read in 2018
10 Books I read in 2017
Kiander, T (2015) WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER: 18 Productivity Tips That Boost Your Work Day Performance.