01. Choose one class reader you have done under this section to answer the following questions:
(i) Who is the author of the book?
(ii) What is the title of the book?
(iii) Mention four (04) themes found in the book
(iv) Mention five (05) characters found in the book.
02. Write a letter to your best friend who is living in Tabora P. O. Box 32 (Milambo Secondary school) informing him how you have scored an A in English and Mathematics. Tell him also that you all should study hard so as you may pass your form two National Exams. Sign your name as Tusomekwabidii.
03. Write an invitation card to your parents informing them that you are expecting to have a parent day on 22nd November at your school from 8.00am to 2:00Pm. Use fictitious names.
04. Select ONE class reader you have read from the given list and answer the questions that follow.
1 The Magic Garden - KR. (Cripwel) (1977), William & Collins Sons and Company Ltd Great Britain
2 Kalulu the Hare - F. Worthington (1937), Longman England.
3 Hawa the Bus Driver - R. S Mabala (1988) Ben & Company Dar es Salaam
4 Fast Money - R. S Mabala (1988) William & Collins Sons and Company Ltd Great Britain
5 Mabala the Farmer - R. S Mabala (1988) Ben & Company Dar es Salaam
6 The Death factory - R. S Mabala (1996) Heinemann Educational Publishers, Great Britain.
7 The Pearl - J. Steinbeck (1948), William Heinemann Ltd Great Britain
(a) Give the title and the author of the book
(b) Name two important characters in the story and briefly explain what they have done.
(c) What is the story about?
(d) Mention the three themes found in the story you have read.
05. Read the following poem then answer the questions that follow.
How beautiful the rain is!
After the dust and the heat,
In the broad and finy street,
In the narrow lane,
How the beautiful rain is!
How the beautiful rain is!
Like the tramp of the hoofs,
How it gushes and struggle out,
From the throat of the over flowing spout!.
(i) What is the poem about? ____________________________________________________
(ii) How does the poet feel? _____________________________________________________
(iii) How many verses are in the poem? ____________________________________________
(iv) Give an example of the words that rhyme in the poem ______________________________
06. Read the following poem then answer the questions that follow:
Hey you, CORONA
COVID 19 you are an uninvited guest
In home, schools, villages, towns
And even in big and large cities
You’re not even afraid of developed countries
You make everybody sick.
The poor and the rich people
The old and the young people
The tall and the short
Oh! How cruel you are!
Let’s be careful with this guest!
(a) What is the poem about? __________________________________
(b) In this poem, the poet speaking to _________________________
(c) What is the lesson we get from the poem? ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(d) What is the title of this poem? ____________________________
(e) How does the poem feel? __________________________________
The Garden – K.R. Cripwell (1977), William Collins Sons and Company Ltd, Great Britain.
Kalulu the Hare – F. Worthington (1963), Longman, England.
Hawa the Bus Driver – R.S. Mabala (1988), Ben & Company Ltd, Dar es Salaam.
Fast Money – K.R. Cripwell ((1978), William Collins Sons and Company Ltd, Great Britain.
Mabala the Farmer – (1988), Ben & Company Ltd, Dar es Salaam.
(a) What is title of the book? ______________________________
(b) What is the story about? _________________________________________________________
(c) What are the main characters of the story? _______________________________________________________
(d) What can you learn from the story?
(e) Mention at least four (4) characters of the book
(f) Does the story tells what is happening in your society? Why?
This article has been compiled by Kachele Online Blog.
For more notes & resources, visit: www.kacheleonline.co.tz